July 31, 2007

Karlskrona Viggen Nr. 36

Well, I did it, the hard way, and now is the time to enjoy it

I still can’t believe that I’m actually sailing. According to my friends the project that I started in beginning of the April shouldn’t be finished until the next summer. Eat your hearts out guys. I guess they didn’t know me that well.
Sure it did cross my mind to postpone and leave it until the next year but than again that wouldn’t be me. I am a Capricorn and that says it all: strong will, stubborn and of course a great organizer. However I did leave some things for next year: the exterior (it will give something to do during the winter, ha, ha)
Anyway, the sailboats “Karlskrona Viggen” are kind of Swedish pride. It all started back in 1966 until after around 300 examples 1970 has been sold to another manufacturer who changed originality of the boat and that way those 300 became Swedish classics.

What was it so special about the boat?
Well it’s like this; with its low price (1966 – 25000kr, approachable to a average family) the boat was and still is :-) about 24ft. with a long keel, allowing sailing in shallow waters (1,1m) which is perfect for Swedish west coast.

And what’s so special about my boat?
I did something that many people wouldn’t even think about it. It was, kind of a challenge and I won.


That's how it was











This is how it is









Too bad, working on it I did neglect surrounding, which caused relation and some friendships to fade away. I guess that’s the price I have to pay.

July was filled with a pretty much rainy days but summer is not over yet !!

11 comments:

FANCY said...

Hello...

I most say that it is a beauty and you have done a good work congratulate and hope you will find some sunshine on your tour

ANNA-LYS said...

*lol* See You on the "Big Blue"!!!

GREAT WORK !!!

Too bad that it cost you your relations, strange ... maybe it was not "real friends" then!

Hugs n' kisses

grasshopper said...

Fancy - Tnx, and accoding to weather guys the sun is comong next week

A/L - Thank you. Maybe you right about "friends"...Yeah shit happens

Unknown said...

Ohoy! This is interesting. Summer is not over yet, and the sailing season might be longer than summer. Winter offered very little ice in the Stockholm archipelago. I was possible to sail all year. This is a rare occurence. Why not visit "Ålands hav"? We got unusually little rain in july, but the showers were intense. Good luck, wherever you go on the seven seas.
/NB

ANNA-LYS said...

Weather for Sailing dear!!!

;-)

grasshopper said...

NB - Ålands hav sounds great, but not this year. maybe next. Tnx for tips :-)

A/L -
Yeah, but unfortunately I’m trying to fix the engine problem and hopefully I’ll be sailing away tomorrow;-)

ANNA-LYS said...

Did You ... and if
is it floating?

grasshopper said...

I did and yes it floats. Now, we are tolking about the boat, aren't we? :-P

ANNA-LYS said...

hey Sailor Man!

Time to float, this year again :-D

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Nico job! u still have the boat?

Anonymous said...

[url=http://louboutinshop.co.uk]christian louboutin[/url] It completely destroyed everything in its path. [url=http://dkgoose.com]canada goose[/url] Bnoxvhlcx [url=http://canadagoosesweden.com]Canada goose outlet [/url]
xoizqr 080839 [url=http://www.canadagoosestorontofactory.ca]picture of a canada goose[/url] 246011 [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkas.ca]canada goose in montreal[/url]

Expressing emotions is a natural act in ones character. It gives your heart and your mind such a pleasant relief. Holding it inwardly makes your heart shiver.