January 11, 2008

Finally!!

All the holydays and all the damn parties are now behind me. Yes; gone, vanished, erased, forgotten (at least some of them), unmistakably it is over and thanks for that. Now I can breathe again and perhaps be normal again (possibility = ??%).
No more rushing through the stores buying, as usual at the last minute, Christmas presents, no more spending so many hours in kitchen (lot of booze around though) and, having all the known and unknown over, no more hypocrisy. Don’t get me wrong, once, I did enjoy preparing for the parties but not any more, not alone anyway (I must be getting old). You know what I mean, being exhausted before party even begun? Who cares about the dinner and the booze, I had it more than enough in the kitchen, all I had on my mind was; hit the sack man, boring ain’t it?
Sometimes or rather every year I ask myself “Was it worth the effort?”
To put it bluntly I need a substitute, so I can relax and enjoy being served for once in my life. Maybe I’ll even skip the January's nightmares about my wallet “taking a walk on the wild side”

13 comments:

Middle Ditch said...

Great! Didn't hate it but yes, most of the time I was cooking (and tasting) and the amount of food! Crazy! I'm also glad it's over and I'm back to normality even though that means back to work for six weeks until half term.

ANNA-LYS said...

Was it worth it?
By the way long time ...
Kisses< ;-)

Jerrster said...

yeah I'm not into the holidays either. glad they're over. now what will 2008 bring?

grasshopper said...

m/d
Welcome back to normality or should I say reality:-)

A/L
Well it’s a tough one... yes and no
Yeah it has been (*)

jerr
Everything that 2007 didn’t :-)

ANNA-LYS said...

Everything that 2007 didn’t :-)"
LOL

You do not exactly ask for the tiny things in life!

grasshopper said...

Unfortunately not ;-)

FANCY said...

YES YES YES...I love that it abide a whole year to next time...*LOL*

Monique said...

Over here they already have everything of Easter in the shops.

Katie McKenna said...

LOL.. I'm going to ignore the ret of the holidays..til summer break... :)

You cook? mmmm how lovely.... lol.. tis usually me but since I was sick I got out of it.

Powerful music playing!

FANCY said...

;-)

ANNA-LYS said...

Project something new please ;-)

ANNA-LYS said...

waving r8 back @ ya ;-)

ANNA-LYS said...

Tack för den spaceiga kommentaren ... nu är det strax Blue Monday ... så dra täcket över huvudet och gråt ut ... kan ju vara skönt när det är tillåtet, eller? Män kanske inte gråter?

(( kram ))

Expressing emotions is a natural act in ones character. It gives your heart and your mind such a pleasant relief. Holding it inwardly makes your heart shiver.