February 21, 2008


In past few weeks I followed, pretty close, the development and outcome of Kosovo’s issue. As usual I should point out that everyone has a right to own opinion so what I’ll be saying here is entirely my own view on this particular occurrence.
KOSOVO & Metohija…The newborn state (“new USA’s and EU’s colony”). How much, actually, does an average citizen of any country know about it? Believe me not much. Those living on contingents other than Europe don’t even know geographic location of it. But I’m pretty sure that majority knows about integrity and sovereignty
(§ 1244) according to UN’s law.
So recognizing Kosovo as a new state (lays in the middle of one already sovereign country) would be like stealing a part of ones territory or, putting it blankly, breaking the law. But hey who am I to judge? Then again, who is the judge? Seeing this happening makes me wonder what actually does it mean; “the law”, cause in this case it doesn’t mean a shit.
“The law must be followed”, I’ve been taught, and its equivalent for anyone but today I see how wrong I had.
Who is profiting the most by these actions, sooner or later, the history will show but as for now all I can say; my belief in any government is equal zero.

If you can spare a minute or two read this

6 comments:

ANNA-LYS said...

I must unfortunately agree upon that people are not aware of where Kosovo is, but mostly don't know where Sweden is either, outside of Europe.

I visualize what would happen if the immigrants in Florida, would declare Florida as an independent state outside of US. I am sure, at least the Americans, then would understand what this is all about.

And how would they react if UN and EU would support the Spanish colony "Florida"???? I wish, I wish they stop thinking so narrow! But, it is not the American people it's their regime that always fools them, and hinder knowledge in schools and media. My hope is that the Internet will be a helpful tool in development of knowledge, critical thinking and reflections.

Monique said...

Anna-Lys said it all

:-D

ANNA-LYS said...

Monique
Thanks but I forgot:

The music really fit's it purpose!!!

FANCY said...

Hey Dude I have you in my site don't you want to take a look...:)

JeromeProphet said...

I believe we must first consider what a nation is, and how they ever came to be in the first place.

Nations are completely arbitrary.

Nations may have once been functional, but are certainly a threat to human existence in the long run.

We live on one planet, and it seems that our human nature has driven us to such levels of evil that we have barely managed to survive.

The peace we see today as some type of proof that we have learned our lesson, and are building a better world is an illusion.

The peace which has allowed us to prosper is in fact based almost entirely upon a nuclear arsenal which if used would erase human existence from the planet for good.

I'd like to think of the past sixty years as a time when governments, peoples, and economies worked for the elimination of war, but no nation ever demilitarized during that period.

Perhaps I'm a pessimist but I'm hoping somehow we as a species manage to eliminate nations, religions, races, ethnicity, etc., before we use these idiotic divisions to justify a final world war.

JP

Katie McKenna said...

The world as we know it is an illusion - starting way back with the family unit. The government lied from day one - why would it be any different today?

Many thoughts provoked here for contemplation. I also appreciated the song, thank you!

Expressing emotions is a natural act in ones character. It gives your heart and your mind such a pleasant relief. Holding it inwardly makes your heart shiver.