February 2, 2008

Easy Does it


It seems to me that the January, somehow, had a mighty strong effect on us, the cyber friends. Almost every day I can see that someone is taking a break from blogging or even closing down for good. Virus outbreak?!

That could be interpreted as a positive changes in one’s life, like; getting a job, finding a new love, the things started functioning (again) with old love, spending more time with family and (IRL) friends or simply discovering that there is more to life than just blogging.

Unfortunately it could be a “shady” side to it as well; lack of inspiration, for instance? Blogging has turned into monotony loosing its purpose? Not having desire for doing anything at all, caused by post – holyday depression? Whichever...I just hope it’ll go over... soon.

9 comments:

Jerrster said...

I'm not finished blogging but sometimes I wonder if I work myself up trying to "entertain" others when in fact I should be entertaining myself...that is when I have the most fun.

grasshopper said...

So right my friend, “entertaining” yourself should be taken as one’s priority.
Losing the fun of it...well, then it’s a time to consider taking a break or even quit.

David John Caswell said...

Hi grasshopper,
Thanks for visiting and for your positive feedback. Like your site too and hope you continue for a long time yet. I am still enjoying it myself, especially comments from new people like yourself. The odd positive comment makes it all worthwhile! keep in touch.
Dave

Monique said...

No depression here, I am a winter baby and love to be inside where it's warm. I also love blogging, meeting all those interesting people I might otherwise never hear of. And as David (above) says, it is sometimes the comments on your own blog what can make your day.

ANNA-LYS said...

Things aren't black or white - please, read my golden blog rules, and You will understand your needs, maybe.

FANCY said...

NO...you don't say ;-) Maybe we all get some blog-dry, now and then...and when we have the dessert in our posting it seems right to take a break. Don't you think? ... ;-)

MuseArt said...

Ett varmt tack
för ditt engagemang i

MuseArt
Jan 2007 - Jan 2008

ANNA-LYS said...

Happy Valentines Day, GH !

Jerrster said...

hey its whyday friday...let's here what you got my friend.

Expressing emotions is a natural act in ones character. It gives your heart and your mind such a pleasant relief. Holding it inwardly makes your heart shiver.